We have finally found a place to get a good haircut for Aidan that is pain free for both him and I. Peek-a-Doo salon is good at what they do, keeping kids calm and entertained while they get a decent haircut. I guess I wouldn't be as bored during a haircut either if I got to watch my favorite shows....
Each day at school, Aidan gets a "report card" that gives him smiles or frowns for each of the things that he did during the day. Of course, we love all smiles but this does not happen everyday. Last week, we had 3 out of 5 days with all smiles. That's a pretty good week--here's what an "All Smiles" note looks like-when he gets these he is able to watch one 1/2 hour show on tv that night while I am cooking dinner, otherwise, its no tv that day.
When Aidan came home with this at the end of January, I was so proud of him--its hanging up in my room now along with a few other drawings of his. I look at this all the time and can't believe how fast the time has gone and how he is growing up right before my eyes. He loves to ask me how to spell his name, even though he's convinced at times that there is a "G" somewhere in his name, we're getting there, slowly but surely :) At the gym last week, he pointed to the letter "F" posted on a sign and said, "Look Mommy, that looks like fox and four." I told him right then and there he was the smartest little boy I knew.
No comments:
Post a Comment