Aidan had an "all smiles" day yesterday at school so I decided that it was about time to take another trip to the infamous Yogurt Pump in Chapel Hill. Its a great frozen yogurt place on Franklin Street that Ive been going to since I first came to Chapel Hill. We always get our yogurt (shh! Aidan thinks its ice cream!) and sit on the bench next door and people watch on Franklin Street. Aidan asks lots of questions about people walking by, some of which I have an answer to, and some of which (if you know anything about some of the characters on Franklin Street) I don't.
After dinner tonight Aidan and I went on a worm excursion. Our mission: find worms hidden underneath the "dirts, rocks, and mud" as Aidan told me. Tools for the mission: one toddler size plastic shovel. Needless to say, the mission was not quite successful but we had a great time trying, or should I say Aidan had a great time flinging dirt everywhere while I dodged trying to snap a picture!
This was too sweet to not get a picture of--Aidan reading to himself before he goes to sleep. Tonight's choice was The Ear Book and I could hear him softly saying "ears hear, tock tock tick tick.." Eventually he fell asleep and the book fell beside the bed but it makes my heart melt when I realize how fast he is growing up!
Till next time....
I love the "worm excursion"! :)
ReplyDelete