Even though Aidan got two frowns today at school (he had a hard time using "listening" ears today) he and I managed to turn his frowns upside down (sorry, bad joke but I had to) and make scrumptious banana nut muffins.
Of course, Aidan was an integral part of making the muffins--he knew exactly what pan we were going to have to use and that we were going to need to spray the pans before we put the muffins in. He also quickly reminded me that "hey hey we need to wear our cooking clothes, dont forget about that!" So I dug out our aprons :)
The muffins had plain fat free yogurt in them in place of oil, I cut down on the butter by 2 TB (4 instead of 6) and used all WW flour--they turned out pretty good per Aidan's request for 2 muffins with his dinner (he managed to talk me into giving him 1 and 1/2, partly because that meant I got another 1/2 of a muffin, I mean you can't just leave half of a muffin sitting there can you?!)
On the way to the grocery store tonight, Aidan starts singing "A is for apple like acorn like alligator like Ashton (a friend from school) like AIDAN!" He was very excited about the A is for Aidan part. It makes me really excited that that he is learning so much and telling me and showing me new things that he knows everyday...I love my little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment